June 2016 Newsletter
We Listened! At our final concert this season, we handed out surveys in which we asked what you wanted to hear next season. And I am happy to report we have been able to fulfill all of the majority’s requests for next season. I don’t know how each season gets better, but this next one promises to be a 5 home run production! Here’s our line-up of stars:
- 2 October: Patrick Kreeger, - now Dr. Patrick Kreeger – returns for the 4th time to perform both Organ and Piano solos. His pedigree (B.M. Curtis, M.M Yale, and soon DMA Juilliard) is as impressive as his performances. As I write this, Patrick is in Israel and Bulgaria performing concerts and recording a CD. Here, we have seen and heard him in concert both as a soloist, and also as a trio with cellist John Henry Crawford and Violinist Eunice Kim when all were students at Curtis Institute. All have now graduated Curtis, and have busy and impressive performing careers. John Henry was a finalist last spring in the legendary Tchaikovsky Competition in Russia.
- 6 November: Dr. Ben Pila, Classical Guitar – also a Juilliard graduate. An outstanding artist, Dr. Pila performed for The Pope during his recent visit to our country. You can see this performance on You-Tube.
- 22 January 2017: UF String Quartet (pending). This may also include a flute. The coach, Dr. Hee Jung Kang is working with many chamber groups at UF and will send us their best. More information to follow!
- 26 February: Violist David Pedraza, (Viola and piano). Viola is the seldom heard bigger brother to a violin. It has such a beautiful, rich and warm sound. This will be a genuine treat. David is involved in many chamber music productions in south Florida.
- 2 April: our Marion Cultural Alliance grant concert: Patricia Zhuga, 9 year old piano prodigy, a student of Susan Starr, who declares Patricia to be “the most talented student she had ever taught.” The repertory this little tike is working on would be expected of a senior college student!
We are so excited about this line-up. Tell all your friends about us. We welcome every music lover to join us in attendance next season!
Again, the response to last year’s programs has been exceptional both in terms of increased attendance and ‘love offering’ support, and I personally want to thank everyone again for your support.
You can continue to give us feedback on how we are doing and/or tell us what you want to hear in future concerts by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful summer, fun vacations and we’ll see you on October 2, at 3 p.m. at Queen of Peace Catholic Church!